Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

How to Make a Paper Leaf

I don't know about you, but I love FREE things. I also love to take something seeminly obsolete and make something useful. So here it goes, my first tut. Enjoy!

Step 1: Start with an old book-this one was left by the previous homeowners. :)
 Step 2: Google Leaf Template and print out the one that you like. Or hand draw it, but if you do that and it looks amazing, we can no longer be friends. Seriously.
 Step 3: Upcycle your Mr. Clean Magic Eraser box, and glue the template onto it for stability.

 Step 4: Cut it out and place onto the dictionary pages to trace around.
 Step 5: Here are your traced leaves.
 Step 6: Cut those out. I used several pages at once so I could make less cuts.
 Step 7: Lay floral wire onto the leaf, making the "veins"
 Photo of floral wire, in case you didn't know what I was talking about.
 Glue one leaf on top of the other leaf with the wire on it. Making a leaf sandwich.
 Ta to the da!
Stay tuned for projects you can make using these amazing-yes amazing leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment