Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fostering Hope

Today, I am writing about fostering hope. The reason for my selection is that May is National Foster Care month. This is a subject that esp. touches home with me and my family. Before we began our journey into the foster care system, I was truly naive. I had no clue of the amount of children who are actually in foster care, or what they go through. Now that we've been fostering for nearly 5 years, I feel like I understand a little more and sympathize a lot more.

Often times, these children have few possessions. They are often rushed out of one home and into the next without much thought or planning. Things get left behind. You may say, "Well, they're just things. They are replaceable." I ask you to consider how you'd feel if you had already been taken away from the only family you knew, and shoved into a home full of strangers. Well meaning or not, they are strangers to you. You grab your teddy bear and perhaps your favorite race car and that's all you have time to take. Then before you know it, two or three homes later, the race car and teddy are nowhere to be found.

There is an easy solution! Won't you help me, help these kids? I figure, if we can purchase enough zipper pouches, these children can have their own bag to store their things in. If they have to suddenly move, they just have to grab their bag and go.

I have created an event here:
Fostering Hope

I would ask two things of you; 1) Please share this post with your Facebook friends, your twitter pals and your local religious organizations and 2)Please consider purchasing a pouch or two.

Together, we can make a difference. We can help these children. One child at a time. It all starts with you!

6 comments:

  1. I am sharing this on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=656902186&ref=tn_tnmn
    I think what you are doing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do give a lot of credit to all and any foster parents. I work in a school and I see kids come in and out of foster care daily. A lot of times they must get to know and love the family they are with then are taken back or to another family for adoption.

    owen.darlene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something that does need to be brought to everyone's attention, no child deserves to go through this but if they do we should help to come up with a solution. I will share this on my facebook and ask others to do the same.

    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/profile.php?id=100003770587776&sk=wall

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is awful what these kids go through, moving from home to home. Every child deserves a stable loving home :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post breaks my heart. I will share on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing this post. It stuns me, what these kids go through.

    ReplyDelete